View Single Post
Old 04-27-21, 08:44 AM
b dub 
CL Addict

Bikes: '50s Leon Cattrysse - late 50s Raleigh Lenton Sports - 1960/61 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix - '72 Canadian Tire Company Supercycle - '74 Raleigh International - '83 Nishiki Cresta - '84 Centurion Turbo - '86 v. Herwerden (Chesini) - '87 Specialized Sirr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
Radius was one of the brands owned and manufactured by the Rizzato company, which was best known for their Atala brand. The Rizzato origin is confirmed by the serial number format, which is located on the drive side of the upper seat tube and in this case indicates a 1967 model.

Given the era and characteristics, Id' expect Columbus SL or SP tubing, the former which would use a 27.2mm seat post, while the latter would use 27.0mm. The presence of one of these two tubeset can also be confirmed by the presence a Columbus steering column for the fork, with five helical ridges on the inside, at the bottom. If you remove the fork, there should also be the Columbus dove logo stampoed into the outside of the steering column.

Nice acquisition. Enjoy!
I don’t have it yet. Checking it out later today. I’m so glad you provided above info. Yeah, should be fun project.

I have been hanging onto a full Campagnolo Record group from 1966 so this should be a great match.

Last edited by b dub; 04-27-21 at 08:50 AM.
Likes For b dub: