Old 05-03-21, 09:43 AM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked 1,740 Times in 1,013 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
I agree with this ^ fully. In my experience, hybrid bikes do nothing well. Except, of course, fit a wide range of people with only a few frame sizes. So, they're easy to sell to folks who "want a bike". As for the riding experience, um..., no.

Because some riders, like my wife, do not want drop bars, and wanted something lighter than her mountain bike for when she wants to ride on the road. I converted a drop bar to my commuter as it gave me a better field of vision. Hybrids can have a place in the bike inventory and can be a nice riding bike.

My drop bar cross bike I converted to a flat bar 1x for commuting.

I found this FX 4 Carbon for my wife recently in the used market and swapped the wheels out with some Trek Aeolus Pro 37's, put a 14-28 cassette and Xpedo Spry platform pedals on it. She loves it.

Likes For jaxgtr: