View Single Post
Old 05-04-21, 08:02 PM
Mattdiano

Bikes: '83 Pinarello Super Record,'83 De Rosa Professional, '84 Guerciotti GLX7600, '91 Merckx Corsa Extra, 2004 Pinarello Dogma AK61 Magnesium, '13 Colnago World Cup, '14 Cinelli Experience, '16 DeRosa Planet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by rhm
I don't know, but I can tell you my Gap has the same seat stay caps, same brake bridge, and I think the same fork crown. I don't remember the details of the lugs and BB but I think they are the same as yours. The brake cable treatment on mine is different, though, and it has an outrageous paint job that may suggest a slightly later date than yours. Anyway, the serial number on mine ends in 93, from which I conclude it is a 1993 model. I don't remember where I got the idea that the serial number reflects the date; it could be completely bogus. But right or wrong, I think the overall style of the bike is consistent with that date.

That said, check out this thread:
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...-serial-number

As for your paint, scary as those blisters are, I doubt the frame has been weakened, but I wouldn't store it outdoors. Too good to repaint, if that's what you were thinking.
An old thread, I know, but would LOVE to know what your outrageous paint job is! By any chance, the Jamaican scheme? I am having my high school racing bike repainted to that as I type!!