View Single Post
Old 05-31-21, 03:18 PM
sabele

Bikes: Basso Loto, Andre Bertain, Schwinn Madison, Litespeed Unicoi, Easton full sustension, Macau non-suspended MTN, Merlin Agilis, A-D Superlicht, Daccordi Piuma, Scott CR1 (former owner Thomas Frischnecht), Van Diesel CX, Alan Top Cross, Scattante CX, Ri

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Do not ride a crashed carbon bike

Originally Posted by mwatt65
I bought a Giant Revolt Advanced 2 yesterday, On my first ride today A motorcycle turned left in front of me, We collided is it wrong of me to want a new bike? I cannot see any damage to the frame except a few scuff marks on the brakes. I was doing about 17MPH when we collided. With the carbon frame & forks, how would I tell if theirs damage? I have a few bruises & scrapes on my legs.

Thank you.

carbon fiber is notorious for failing without warning after crash damage especially forks. Naturally with a proper inspection it is difficult to determine the true extent of the damage but I would strongly encourage you NOT to ride it again. The motorcyclist should pay for a replacement if he was at fault. If you were at fault then I would strongly suggest you have the bike professionally evaluated before riding again. Might find it difficult to find someone who will provide that evaluation as they become liable if the bike fails