View Single Post
Old 06-05-21, 05:10 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
I share @non-fixie 's sentiment in Post#129.
And I admire the C&V Forum espcially, & BF overall for the 17year contribution to a hobby pursued for 1/2 my long lifetime.

I come to the Internet to learn and share.
I visit CR, theCabe, thepaceline and some UK sites as well.
Not an expert cyclist or mechanic or collector.
A modest pedaler, wrencher and preserver.
And i don't take myself too seriously.

C&V has been a staple for me but not an exclusive.
Golly, I even visit Road, General & 50+.
8/9/10 bikes - have an enthusiast following, just not as big as ...say 1900s through 1987. Well duh?!? 15 years of rapid development vs 87 years of development and huge doses of youthful nostalgia.

I asked for a venue years ago. Sticky, sub-Forum, or Forum. Gently and modestly repeated in threads where appropriate for years. Maybe with some other changes @ BF this got an ear. IDK. The 8/9/10 years/bikes are certainly not discussed/recognized uniquely on any other site

I stand by a separate discussion location for integrated 7/8/9/10 that often get ignored by C&V (????....those stupid dummies liked stiff frames?, crit geo?, 23mm tires? instead of lugs rolling 48mm on 28+# touring bikes???); and openly scorned in the Road Forum as obsolete.

I offer adding 10speed as well to the new forum would be a benefit.

Since I am not an owner or mod I have no insight behind the changes.
But I will support them regardless of where a thread or 2 or 3 gets placed on their site.

For those dissatisfied, become part of the Solution = become a good Moderator and have voice at BF. I hear you don't have to pay for the pleasure of adjudicating everyone's displeasure and temperament.

Ride on...with a smile.

clear your handlebars and your mind will follow!
I fear that you may have unknowingly crossed a line.

Likes For bark_eater: