canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by OBoile
I disagree completely. She got caught cheating and is rightfully banned IMO.
What, you think she was deliberately doping, by injecting PEDs or orally taking concentrated PEDs (which isn't an efficient method)? Or you think she deliberately ate a burrito knowing it contained pork organ meats that would slightly boost her nandrolone level?

As I wrote earlier in this thread, pretty much everyone who keeps up with sports news -- and doping in particular -- must be aware of the history of positive tests allegedly associated with consuming meat products.

But there's no evidence Houlihan was injecting PEDs or even taking concentrated oral PEDs. The news reports indicate her levels were within the limits expected for consuming organ meats that are naturally high in nandrolone.

And as the interviews with Houlihan's friends indicated, not all of the burritos contained the same filling. Some of the burritos were described as somewhat dry, as we'd expect for grilled carne, while other burritos were greasy -- which could be assumed to be due to excess fat left untrimmed on the carne. Even though I know some organ meats contain nandrolone, I wouldn't assume that a greasy burrito, taco, etc., was organ meats. I'd probably just assume the chef didn't trim off all the fat. I happen to like the taste of fatty brisket, etc., so I don't always trim off all the fat unless I'm cooking for other people.