View Single Post
Old 07-09-21, 08:24 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
Originally Posted by devinfan
I hear you Randy. I’ve found though, with little storage space, 3 kids with bikes and a pretty sizeable collection I have to be very selective in what I pick up. This one spoke to me because I just happen to love that 60’s aesthetic, but if it’s not something really interesting I don’t need another bike just for laughs. I have a lot of nice bikes already. Also I don’t want to be materialistic and just want to possess things like a magpie. I do like it though, we’ll see…

Trust me, I feel you and have gone through the lots of bikes thing a few times now. I, too, have minimal storage space since selling my city property and on several occassions sold of groups of bikes to manage some sort of control of my over achieving inventory...

These days, I live at the lake cottage during decently warm to cool weather and bail for Jamaica during the really cold months (five approximately). My storage capacity is four bikes and I do have four bikes (1958 Rabeneick, 1968 Legnano GP, 1969 Torpado and my 2000 Marinoni). Unfortunately, I also have a few project bikes or frame sets (1962 Torpado Professional. 199? Quintanna Roo, 1968 Carlton Corsair, early seventies Torpado LUXE). I am totally crammed for space but I am also addicted to "the find".

I love it when I find another vintage bike. Tomorrow, for the first time in a year, or more, I am going yard sale hunting and who knows what will show up. If nothing, I still have the GR fitted Torpado to fall back on. Hopefully, I can withstand the urge to buy.

Will I ever do an inventory clean up again? Right now, if I could but the market is weak and so is my resolve to reduce my collection of grossly unneeded steeds.

Oh ya - tomorrow is see what I can find at the dump day also.