View Single Post
Old 08-19-21, 09:02 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by jamawani
Hey Fishboat - -

I've been using RWGPS for years - and paying for it, too.
Yes, I can go elsewhere, but as a long-term paying customer, I expect better.
And, no, I shouldn't have to go out and make my own website.
That's what I have been paying for over the years.

At least, that's how the customer service model used to work back in 1958.
Acceptable loss has replaced customer retention -
When marketing discovered that it is cheaper to hustle up new customers that make good.
In addition, Ford couldn't change how your Edsel operated once you bought it back in 1958.
You know - like switching where the brake and gas pedals are.

Forgive me, but I though one of the aspirations of the digital age -
Was more choice, not less.
Let's start a petition to regain the CS of 1958..that'll go far. Man screams at cloud..more news at 11!

I worked in RDE for 30+ years. Sometimes, sometimes a launch of something new has unintended consequences. The people in RDE are overwhelming trying to do something valuable and useful..you know..like you think you're doing. Their career isn't based on, "..let's see..how can we hose our customers today!"

Rather than giving them a proctology exam on day 2 of a launch, maybe report the issue to them and wait a bit to see how they handle it? If they ignore the issue a month or two down the line, well, then I suppose it's open season. If they lose business..it's their problem. If you need to go somewhere else..take a deep breath..you might learn something..like exporting files in a generic, industry standard, easily transferrable format.

That said..thanks for making us aware of the issue..though all of us users would have noticed this quite soon anyway. The rest of the (continued) drama..is just... needless drama.

..and the ignore list goes N+1