Old 08-27-21, 10:58 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4483 Post(s)
Liked 4,957 Times in 3,064 Posts
Originally Posted by geepondy
Test rode a 54cm Roubaix Sport and a 56cm Roubaix today. I could get used to either size. Bike shop guy said from looking at me, neither looked out of place so depended on my preference. I decided at my age, sitting up a little higher on the 54cm and seeing more of the road in front of me was not such a bad thing. The regular Roubaix comes with Tiagra shifting and it seemed to me, the 105 of the Roubaix sport shifted smoother. I thought both bikes rode smooth and soaked up bumps well - better than my Synapse 105. Not sure if because of the frame geometry or the carbon frame vs Synapse aluminum. I did not find the headset suspension to be too "boingy" and it comes with a set of different thickness replacement springs.

So I put down a deposit on the Roubaix sport. Will pay it off when the insurance money comes up. Hopefully this time, it will be my "last bike ever".
Did you not mean sitting higher (more upright) on the 56 cm? Your saddle height will be exactly the same on both, even though there is more seatpost showing on the 54 cm. The front end of the 56 cm will be taller.
Likes For PeteHski: