Old 09-01-21, 01:49 PM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
I had first concerns of this through my discussions with a number of people involved, we just weren’t headed in the right direction since the cautious optimism of the late spring. The COVID situation is following the same multiple waves and variants as pandemics in the past plus efforts to mitigate have not been as successful as hoped. I was asked to wait for the official announcement.

At the risk of repeating Keith’s post, Here is the text of the email I received: Bold emphasis mine.

@Eroica California postponed until 2022

Dear Friends of Eroica,
Due circumstances surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and above all, not wanting to add more tension to an already very complex situation, together with local partners we have decided to postpone this years’ edition of Eroica California. The new dates for the event are now set from April 29th to May 1st, 2022, where we are already focusing our energies to once again welcome you to the roads of the Central Coast.

We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience and complications that this decision implies for all those who were already registered, but thereasons for this decision are, we believe, clear and robust: to protect the participants and guests of Eroica California, as well as the citizens of Cambria, Cayucos and San Simeon, against the risk of a resurgence in the pandemic at some time in fall 2021, and to guarantee the international participation that has characterized this event since the very beginning. Obviously, such diverse attendance, the hallmark of Eroica California, will remain unfeasible in the coming months.

And in case one more reason was needed, we need to maintain the inner nature of Eroica California. Beyond the ride through the stunning landscapes of the Central Coast, this event is meant to live special moments full of friendship and good wine. Strict compliance with health protocols, which in principle will remain in place, would profoundly distort this experience.

What it means for your race entry:
You are already automatically registered for the 2022 edition
. Both financially, and per our regulations, we simply are not in a position to offer entry refunds. Doing so would close Eroica California doors for good as much of the overhead that keeps us staying afloat is dependent on race entry revenue.

Transfer of Registration:
If you wish to transfer your existing Eroica California entry to another person, we will be happy to transfer it from December 2021 by simply sending a mail to registration@eroicacalifornia.com with your request.

Again, thank you for your understanding.

Heroic Regards,

The Eroica California Team

Bartley Yee
Planning and hoping again in La Habra, California, USA

Last edited by mech986; 09-01-21 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Clarification and highlighting
Likes For mech986: