Old 09-01-21, 02:48 PM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
Well, they really want to limit participation if April 29 is not a typo. It’s a Friday in 2022
4/29/2023 is a Saturday though.
Looking way ahead!! I like your thinking!

Originally Posted by gaucho777
I agree this isn’t being handled well. I don’t have any problems with the decision, just how it’s being handled. The event was supposed to happen less than two weeks from now, and I still don’t have an official announcement, just these rumors floated to “insiders.” Meanwhile the Delta surge has been ongoing for a while already. Could that Friday 4/29/21 date be real?
I think everyone feels similarly but maybe a lot more machinations behind the scenes with multiple people involved, plus the same juggling with multiple events around world potentially being affected similarly. I'm sure the new Eroica owners and event managers never imagined this confluence of events would affect things so long. That said, emails and timely announcements would have been appreciated. Perhaps the Italians just do things differently and we Americans are more accustomed (or demand) better customer service. But IMO, we have our many customer service failures too (see Cable companies, Telecoms, etc.) plus a raft of difficult scheduling issues for events over the past year. I'm still quite wary of closed indoor events like concerts, sporting events, Broadway, etc. Without better case and vaccination trends, there is still a real threat to health for many.

Originally Posted by SwimmerMike
I guess I never really believed it would happen. My plan was to register the week before if it really looked like it would happen. Between COVID, and what I thought the real reason it would be cancelled, fire season, I just couldn't pull the trigger to register. Maybe they will push it two more days to April 31st.....
See below for complete dates. Fire season, especially in California, would certainly be another issue and it sure has been, especially for Northern and Eastern California. Imagine if Eroica was held in Sonoma or Napa counties, smoke has been a real issue on some days in many areas. God forbid any fires broke out in the Central Coast area around Cambria.

Originally Posted by Straightblock
It's always been a 3 day event. The ride should be Sunday May 1.
I'm registered for the Lighthouse Century on September 25 so at least I'll still get my Central Coast ride this month.
Yes, the new dates are for the weekend of April 29-May 1, 2022, Friday through Sunday. I'm guessing still Friday for arrival, set up, registration pickup, Saturday for Festival, et. al, Nova Eroica ride, Sunday Festival and Classic Ride.

This probably took some time to determine with local officials, permits, and initial planning. Insurance was also a potential issue. Look at it this way, its after Tax day so that issue is over, you can splurge with any refund you received, and the weather should be a lot cooler (relatively considering climate change effects) than its been projected to be in a couple of weeks on the inland portions of the ride. Of course, the coastal Piedras Blancas ride will always be cool in more ways than one .