View Single Post
Old 10-11-21, 09:22 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11031 Post(s)
Liked 7,577 Times in 4,226 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
[

When I read the last sentence above, I thought that you saw your action of yelling and startling the woman over something so inconsequential as indefensible. Then I read the next sentence.

The only occasion I can think of to yell at people to ‘move’ would be in a situation like people blocking a hall in a burning building or other life and death situ. We come from different worlds.
I told people who were standing obliviously on a path that is used by runners and cyclists to move.
As we approached I told my daughter to slow down instead of pass because of oncoming cyclists. I then told her to slow more. I then said stop when we were about 10' from them. We then stood there for a second before I said 'yo- move!' and they all jumped in surprise that they were in the way. Others were waiting behind us.

Would you really have sat there in silence?
If I had a different bike I would have dinged my bell, if that is somehow more acceptable to you.
​We don't come from different worlds, we just handle potentially dangerous situations differently.