martl
Strong Walker

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 482 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Yelbom15
May have just found someone from France willing to ship. We’re talking about it “google translate” such as a bank transfer and using Colissmo to ship. Sound like he may have shipped out before. Here are some photos.

Seller says it could be a mid 1920s production. A 57cm with 700b wheels. Could be a very potential bike for me as a first since it is my size and could easily be ride ready with 700C wheels as I plan on doing possible centuries with it.
I bought a similar Peugeot from eBay a couple of years ago. Interestingly enough, mine also only has a rear brake - i always thought the front one had been lost somehow but since these bikes have very oval fork blades, I haven't found one that fits yet.
THis sort of bike was apparently sold for a longer period, about between 1905 and the late twenties. The head badge can be used to narrow that down (Tonton velo has a link somewhere). This might be both older than mine and a "racer" whereas mine is a half racer.
I believe the true racers had those head lugs, mine is lugless. Half racers often shared the base frame with other models of the more utilitarian sort so there are some fakes out there where someone just removed fenders and racks.
I love the shape of the handlebars on thi/your one, a cool find! Might be challenging to ride, if the rear hub has no "fixed" option, mine is not flip flop so effectively no braking.
Peugeots had branded cranks with the lion motive, also hubs were stamped Peugeot and rims had a small badge riveted on.

Last edited by martl; 10-28-21 at 04:28 PM.
Likes For martl: