View Single Post
Old 11-13-21, 02:53 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,382 Times in 3,669 Posts
Originally Posted by PBYO988
Thanks for the advice. I have a carbide burr on order and hopefully I’ll get it tomorrow. I hope it can shift the broken extractor.
The only real problems I’ve had stripping it is around the fenders, it must be all that rain and dirt that deteriorates the retaining nuts and bolts. I just got the crank out with no bother at all (love caged bearings) and the bearing racers are in surprisingly Good shape. I have to say that this is an extremely well made frame.
One thing I did notice is the chainring seems to have a copper colour showing through where the chrome has worn.
Anytime, and keep in mind that with a PITA task like this, it can be all about the tool.

This pencil grinder maneuvers and gets in places to do a far better job than bulky full sized ones while still having plenty of speed and power.

Again patience is key, soak and wait then proceed with extreme caution.