Old 12-19-21, 12:01 PM
northernjeep

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 11 Posts
Bbshd

Originally Posted by Lastmohecken
I am in kind of in the same boat. I want an ebike, because of the hills around me, and at 64 and 50 lbs overweight, I need a little help getting up some hills. I test road several ebikes at one shop. Most were pedal assist only and ranges from 350 Kw up to 650 Kw. They would have been all right in town on paved streets but not where I live. I also rode a KOA brand fat tire ebike with a 750 rear drum motor, with throttle, and I think it had more power and might have worked for me. However, all of these bikes were rated for less weight than I weight. The Radrover, which I have not seen or ridden, has a higher weight rating, so I am leaning towards one of those for around $1600.00

However, I am also considering converting my existing fat bike with a Bafang 1000 Kw mid mount motor, but this set up will still yet cost me probably $1200.00 However, I would have considerably more power, but it would also be considered illegal for the street and bike trail use, but I doubt that's a problem for me, since I don't ride there anyway. I have to go to the 1000 Kw HD, anyway, because my lower bracket is too wide for the Bafang 750 Kw, but after riding the KOA, I kind of want more power, anyway.
I believe a BBSO2 now is offered in a wider bottom bracket version. I installed the HD version on my fat bike over 4 years ago and it has been trouble free. So far the only thing that broke was the freehub once. If you get the HD make sure to buy an E bike specific chain