View Single Post
Old 02-07-22, 08:50 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,993 Times in 2,665 Posts
Keep in mind most thieves are not going to carry a nut splitting tool and when he did that it was not safe he had bits and pieces flying in all directions. Plus I have a feeling most of them who are taking bikes aren't adept at lock picking.
The Bordo Lite is designed for lighter duty protection. Hence the name and the lower security rating. Any lock can be defeated we all know that (or should) but if you can take their time and make it harder that is the way to go. I use a Bordo 6405 and a 5750 frame lock and trust it on my e-bike. Granted I still worry and in situations where I am locking for longer periods I would probably bring other locks (I have Bordo 6500, two Bordo Lite 6050s, a Granit Xplus 540 as well as a few other older non-ABUS locks if I need 'em)

I wouldn't leave my stuff locked up overnight though, that is just asking for trouble but with any lock or combination of locks I would still want to use smart locking practices and know the area somewhat and do my best. I may not outrun the bear but if I can outrun the next person trying to do so I should be in more decent shape.