View Single Post
Old 02-24-22, 09:15 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3459 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by John N
Oh, I would try that first before buying a second wheel set but I would be concerned that the ground to pedal spindle measurement would change a lot too. That said, I would indeed try it first.
I understand. I never look very hard at bottom bracket height off the ground, I do not corner very fast so that is not much of an issue to me. I have a vintage (early 60s) Italian bike where I often scrapped the pedals in corners, but that is the only bike where that was an issue, and I cornered a lot faster on that bike several decades ago than I do now.

Plus my Nomad Mk II has a bottom bracket that is quite high compared to other bikes. And that is the only bike where I have run that big of a range of tire sizes.

Different topic, what is the customs duty on having a new bike shipped to USA from EU these days? I bought my Nomad Mk II as frame and fork, not as a complete bike. I expected that to be 4 percent but was charged 6 percent plus a flat fee. You might consider a trip to Europe to make your new bike used instead.