View Single Post
Old 03-17-22, 07:28 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,677 Times in 827 Posts
For the last 10 years I've been riding with an earbud with a mic and Android. I have it set up so that when I squeeze the mic button I can issue a command to Google Assistant, who like Siri will take a note...well, not always.

Google seems to futz with functionality constantly. It used to say "note to self", but that wasn't reliable. So for the last four years I say "Email myself." and then I can dictate whatever and it gets emailed to myself, which I can always find.

I can also make and receive calls, texts, emails and other messaging audibly while riding, although again, google keeps messing with the way these work and they are not totally reliable.

I can make appointments and reminders for both times and (once again) locations, like "Remind me at home to put the trash can at the curb."

For a few years the location-based reminders worked well enough that if I had to stop at a store on the way home, I could say "at the intersection of 4th and main remind me to pick up perscription", and when I got near that intersection I'd be reminded so that I could turn off and head to the pharmacy.

I'm sure I could get "note to self" to work agani on my phone, but "email myself" works just fine for now.
Likes For BobbyG: