Old 04-18-22, 09:20 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Fine that you disagree but I disagree with you, I know how angle grinders work, and it would only take an average of 15 to 30 seconds for each lock, the longest was 1 minute 10 seconds to cut through a single Kryptonite NY Fahgettaboudit D lock. Now there is one lock that took over an hour to cut through it, the Altor SAF, but that lock is not very portable, it's huge. But 1 minute 10 seconds is fast. The other problem is that most citizens if they see this sort of action going on will not involve themselves for fear of getting shot, so don't use the idea of some good citizen coming to the rescue of your bike, it isn't worth their life.

Now there is a new type of lock material coming out that promises to defeat angle grinders and drills, not out yet in a full retail march through bicycle internet stores, but eventually it might, below is a web site that talks about what damage angle grinders do and what the answer might be.

https://thebestbikelock.com/security...o%20be%20exact.
you still have not explained how I’ve been able to completely avoid bike theft with two bikes in an urban university bike stealing environment for 10 years for two bikes (19 bike-years). That should not be possible if angle grinders are everywhere and everything can be defeated by them as you allege. (Hint: it’s not the grinder).

I stand by our record and our method. if you can’t top that success, then you need to re-examine your theory.