View Single Post
Old 04-22-22, 07:57 PM
KansasJack

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Mule
Wow, @KansasJack that turned out nice, especially since it started off looking a bit rough. How did you get the pedal red strips back on. Was that "the Wheel" decal available or did you make it?

I was thinking that this was a three speed, but didn't see the shift mechanism in the axle. Then I realised that the shifter was connected to the rear brake. It seems to have a coaster brake, so what is the shifter connected to the rear rim brake for? Was it for a dragster line lock? I am probably missing something. I know that these bikes with steering wheels were capable of being ridden with the steering wheel spinning. Or am I dreaming that? This was a long time ago.
Thank you! The red pedal strips just needed to be cleaned and repainted, so that part was easy. The chain guard decal, fortunately, was readily available for sale online. The shift lever controlled the rear brake caliper but was mainly for show since the rear hub was a single-speed coaster brake as well. The steering wheel did not spin freely, it was directly bolted onto the steer tube. This bike seemed pretty dangerous as it was, so a spinning wheel would have been treacherous. I was able to find a redline tire for the front but the back tire was a whitewall that I hand painted red.
Likes For KansasJack: