View Single Post
Old 05-13-22, 08:44 PM
Nyah
QR-disc must die!!!

Bikes: '99 Trek 520, '20 Kona Sutra (FOR SALE 48cm), '21 Simon-Bikes mini-velo and a chromoly-framed folding bicycle with drop-bars and V-brakes, that rolls even while folded.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Nyah
You definitely need something that allows you to use your map image as the screensaver. The 2012 Nook that I just unearthed from a moving crate doesn't appear to allow this, either. Some kind of override is needed.
It was easy to do on my Nook. First I had to make sure the image fit the aspect ratio of the nook, which is 800 x 600 portrait. After plugging Nook into my computer, I navigate to the Screensavers folder, then make a new folder dedicated to the image. Put the image into that new folder, eject the Nook, and then choose that folder in the Nook screensaver settings. Because there's only a single image in that folder, that one will always come up when the screen goes to sleep (it's programmed to randomly choose from amongst all the images in the folder).

I didn't have any image manipulation software onhand that I could use to properly change the aspect ratio (maybe I should try the free software called Gimp) so this Nook is displaying a landscape image within the portrait screen.

Can something like that be done on your Kindle3?