View Single Post
Old 06-10-22, 03:28 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,385 Times in 3,670 Posts
I do my best to scoop up any deals I can be it a bike or tires, rarely pay retail, live for the deal and shop my azz off as much as I can.

Walked into Bike Tires Direct a few weeks ago and they had some Conti 26in NOS tires with a small reflective strip on the sidewall, not my thing but at $5 each x 6 they will be used and save $$$ on projects where they can be used, a set ended up on the Ritchey for the time being.

The flip side is many bikes and parts that I have paid top dollar for, wanted and had to have them so no time wasted buying them, so be it.

Much of this allows something like the chrome Ritchey being assembled with almost all in stock parts that were stockpiled on my timetable for prices that were much better than getting them for a project as needed.

I am certain I could systematically sell off plenty of my "collection" of parts and bikes for plenty of profit and probably should, especially instead of continuing to buy more.

Not going to happen anytime soon unless it has to, to move some projects forward, we'll see.
Likes For merziac: