3dvvitch 
Junior Wingnut

Bikes: 1988 Litespeed, some Lemond, Slingshot 650c, blah blah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryScientist
That's a project for sure! I dont see the dent in the DT, how bad is it?

What's the back story, how did this one end up in the shop?

What are the plans to get this back on the road? If it were me, with as rough of shape as it appears to be in, I think I would want to have it media blasted and inspect it pretty closely to make sure there was enough of it left to warrant a proper restoration.

Good luck!
I work at the CCC in Portland, it's a nonprofit bike shop largely funded through donations of whole bikes, frames and parts. I'm one of the used inventory processors (and do some eBay sales) so I keep a close eye on everything that comes through and have made a habit of housing orphaned gems in rough shape.

I wasn't there when the Casati was brought in but my coworkers tell me it was literally dropped on the ground by a surly fellow in a truck who didn't like being asked to take donations through the front of the shop. It was accompanied by a Viner, a TSX Giordana and a Bertin [Bertoni], all of which were in varying states of disrepair (but not as bad as the Casati).

And yes I'm either going to have it media blasted or chemical stripped. I'll also try rolling out the dent, it's pretty bad. If it's not ridable it will be wall art. No fork sadly, so I'll have to find something that's not too sacrilegious to pair with it. I'm also not rich enough to give it the paint job that it deserves, so it'll probably get something tasteful but unobtrusive until the next owner does something fancier with it.

Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
It is indeed a Perfection. With the exception of the gear lever mounting, mine is identical:
Thank you! I don't know why I just assumed that Perfection was being used as an adjective rather than as the model name 😅

Last edited by 3dvvitch; 07-01-22 at 11:56 AM.