rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13786 Post(s)
Liked 4,628 Times in 2,543 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Todays group ride in Charlotte was intense. No matter how strong I get, there’s always more riders to make me feel weak. Anyways, the group was good, super fast. I’m not familiar with the route so at times a pack would break away. I’m like a dog chasing a car and everytime I would chase them down worried that this would be where I got dropped. Well those efforts blew me up pretty bad. Once I realized they were just sprinting at random spots and regrouping I started to hang in the back. 15 miles in the pace line really started to form. I had been behind this guy who had been at the back the whole time and it was his turn to pull. He dialed it up and I made the mistake of following. We were doing like 34 mph, I don’t have a HRM but I am sure I was redlined. We get to a roundabout and he peels off, on the other side is a hill. My turn to pull and I knew I was in a bad spot. Blew up instantly and the pack flew by me. I was pretty angry with myself. Some others were dropped as well so we got together and made it to where the rest of the group was stopped. We regrouped and they split the pack. It was my choice on who to go with so I chose the faster group. Was able to hang until the last spring. I didn’t know it was the end of the ride or I would have made a better attempt to stay with them. It was an awesome ride. Hope to do it one more time before I leave Charlotte. Riding in the morning def, affect me but I felt pretty strong over all. I really wish I had a power meter and a hrm, I’m pretty positive my FTP would have increased as well as my VO2 max.
tl;dr
Likes For rjones28: