Old 08-02-22, 03:56 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1789 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 933 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
I don’t have any particular insights and certainly don’t have any answers, but ...
Make cars feel dangerous again. Too often the design is to insulate & distract the driver from the task of driving. The better it does this the more expensive & luxurious the car is considered to be.

Add road noise back to the cabin, subtract big stereos, loosen the anti-sway bars, make brakes feel like they need 2 foots on the pedal, make the accelerator need a heavy foot just to get going...If a car feels like a dangerous POS the driver has to be engaged.

That being said, in no way should a car have actual performance deficiencies. Drivers today simply have no concept of the power they wield & design should place ready front the consequences of negligence or complacency by involving the drivers senses in the command process. I.è. Nudge the driver to safer behavior be stripping away feelings of security.

That car will never sell.

Car dependency is a tax.