View Single Post
Old 08-10-22, 03:49 PM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,563 Times in 757 Posts
More photos..... I've got my cleaning & polishing work cut out for me. Lots of little paint-blisters/tiny rusty spots to deal with, etc (ie, plenty patina...). I couldn't help myself and did a quick polish on one of the crank arms- a polished up Stronglight is a thing of beauty.
First order of business is to find a longer seat-post and stem. My Harbor Freight digital caliper is a piece of junk, so I can't totally trust what it tells me, but I'm getting 25.9mm for the seat=posts and 21.9 for the stem....(re)searching to commence (and any leads, etc, welcome)... It'll take a whole lotta elbow grease to clean up the Chrolux steel rims- I wasn't going to bother with them, but I kinda want to ride this thing a bit this season if I/we can, so I may go just go for it. Some truing touch-up and new tires....
Cleaned and polished a little section of a top tube- this is a very lovely color.
Not sure what the heck is going on with one of the front brake shoes/holder- appears someone hack-sawed 1/3 of it off... RD is bent, but shifting OK....
More later

Likes For ehcoplex: