View Single Post
Old 08-27-22, 02:15 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22662 Post(s)
Liked 8,987 Times in 4,184 Posts
Originally Posted by DougRNS
Changed out my car battery that was dead today after 34 months. This is battery 3 for a 4.5 year old car. The thing was under warranty and it was free at the parts store where i got it. Not prorated, strange. Changed engine air filter on one car and got a cabin air filter* for the other. will install later since its been 13 months and 11,000 miles and still looks as clean as my colon. I'm storing it in the glove box so I can't miss it. **** big oil change. I saved $30 by doing it myself.

I wish I could find an independent shop but they don't exist around here. My dad had an auto repair shop which he started in August 1960 and my older brother is now running it. Independent shops are dinosaurs which is sad.

*SMFH
Phooey.

I am getting 10 years/battery on the Saturn so at 24 it’s on its 3rd battery but that one I just got 3 years ago. We have LOTS of independent repair shops here, the dealers are a ripoff compared to the indie guys. We do take the Fit to the dealer still since occasional snags are covered under warranty.