View Single Post
Old 10-17-22, 12:40 PM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by unworthy1
Nothing I could find (yet) but there's at least one pic of the DT graphic posted by "Citoyen duMonde" in post #12 of this thread, but no back-story:
It starts with an "M" and ends with an "I..."

I recall reading some blog entry abut Maasi a long time back but cannot find that now.

But not to be confused with Massi which is an obscure Spanish brand.
...or with Massey, the tractor corp...

Now it adds up. That was/is supposed to be CdM's own creation as a joke, as he was "p1ssed" that people tend to ignore innvoation and craftsmanship if it is not packed in nice labels.
Here's the full article with more pictures,
https://forum.tontonvelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3652
it is in French, but Google Chrome or Edge are your friends when it comes to translation. I wonder if someone pulls out a joke as big as that bike, would he be able to pull out another one with the bike not being his own masterpiece (actually it is truly nice in all details) and just laugh at us scratching our heads, like everyone else who have found it on the web (I personally found on a German forum, where people were either p1ssed, saying its fake - confirms his original reasoning - or being really confused, not knowing what they see, and if its not a Masi, can it possibly be some other master builder they haven't heard of.) So the joke worked as expected Citoyen du Monde wherever you are I laugh my A55 off and the bike is magic!!!