Old 10-25-22, 04:43 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4512 Post(s)
Liked 6,382 Times in 3,669 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
That's the way it is with most everything that requires skill and craftsmanship. Average Joe and Jill don't understand.

"What, you want how much to match and replace those custom porch railings on my stoop? That's outragous! All you gotta do is get some wood and do some minor carpentry work, maybe some concrete work also."
Agreed but I truly believe frame builders have a very special, way more whacked out version of it, builder, fitter, financial consultant, psychologist, marriage counselor, blacksmith, painter, jeweler, etc, etc, ad nauseum, on and on.

When I had the Strawberry built, it was quite a bit more than the base price when it was done. When Dave saw my eyes get big he said "I put about 25 extra hours in on it and charged you for 10."

I said "Tx Dave" and moved along, it was worth every penny and a PITA to be sure with what I wanted.

I couldn't have been happier with how it turned out, these guys are wizards.
Likes For merziac: