Old 11-10-22, 10:47 AM
3alarmer

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26464 Post(s)
Liked 10,423 Times in 7,238 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD

So maybe you guys need to keep the roughhousing to yourselves and treat our new guys with considerably more respect. That shouldn’t be difficult, you can view how many posts a user has right with his userID. It shouldn’t be difficult to be respectful to ANYONE, but it’s particularly harmful to be rude, nasty, or disrespectful to our newbies. I must admit, this is a particularly pet peeve of BillyD. I sort of see it as bullying, and I hate bullying. Everybody has baggage, that’s just mine. So please be nice to our newbies, they didn’t come here to get insulted or otherwise mistreated. You all had dumb questions when you were new in this game, be patient and let them fire theirs off. If you don’t like a “dumb question”, move on to a different thread. If you see a thread topic that is well worn, like "I'm hunting for a new bike, what frame material is best?" or "what chain lube should I use?", or "do red socks make me faster?", JUST MOVE ON, find another thread more to your liking. Don’t be a locker room bully, don’t be a dick. Be especially nice to our newbies. I’m afraid we must insist.
...I can still recall the day when some guy with a long and storied history in teh C+V pointed out, that the frozen dropout screw I had painstakingly drilled out and replaced, was a tiny bit crooked. I was DEVASTATED !!