Old 11-24-22, 01:51 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 270 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4561 Post(s)
Liked 6,523 Times in 3,744 Posts
Originally Posted by majmt
Sharp eyes. 👍

The bike is actually a 25th Anniversary Stumpjumper Classic. They reissued 250 of them in 2007. The Tange frame and even the tires were produced as they were in 1982 from the original jigs and molds; however, they used top notch drive train and brake components of 2007. Dave invited entry of vintage mountain bikes for this year’s Cino but, though this bike qualified as “keeper of the flame”, it had those pesky and reliable XO shifters that are not really in the spirit of Cino. I scrounged up some old thumbies but could not bring myself to making the switch and with help from friends at my LBS, we came up with a ridiculous deception. I found that a bit of scofflaw can be compensated with bribery and stupid humor and was able to slip this by inspection and get the stamp.

Cino MMXXII - ready to roll and roll call!
Forrest for the trees, would have been a shame to not have this in the program, glad they got it right.

And pleasantly not surprised that they did.