View Single Post
Old 12-05-22, 04:13 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22643 Post(s)
Liked 8,958 Times in 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
Bike shop called today to let me know the cost of the group set install.

230.00. I’m not sure what I was expecting but that was more than I thought. Plan now is to have them just install the BB, and i’ll install the rest. I’m not all that confident in my ability but I if mojo can do it.

Funny, I asked my buddy how much he was charged at another bike shop. He was like 230!!!!! I was only charged 100! Come to find out, he paid 100 dollars for a crank install not the complete groupset. That seems a little steep to me too.

Let me ask you guys this. What’s the hardest part and what takes the most time with a groupset install?
No internal cables? Too me it seems like the bar wrapping, and the indexing would take the longest.
Running the cables is still pretty time consuming. Also, setting up the FD and RD properly takes time. There are some really good YouTube videos that walk you through the process. Take your time and you won't have as many undo/redo/undo/redo problems.

It took me 2-3 hours to do the full install of my groupset, but fi I had to do it again it would probably take only an hour or so. That includes removal of old BB and install of new one.