Old 12-17-22, 01:29 PM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 1,062 Times in 787 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
hazetguy 's BB is full-on Kosher. grant40 's frameset is just celebrating the fifth and seventh days of Hanukkah.

Do these clues point to a rare Israel built frameset?
Nope, in many cases a six-pointed star is just another star with nothing to do with David, Judaism or Israel. I actually have antique Christmas ornaments with such stars and am reasonably sure there was no confusion between those two "Wintertime Holidays" when these were made (in Germany as well as the USA).
We have seen the same star as a stamp on certain Schwinn frames (probably was one of several builder's marks) plus similar as a Police registration/license marking for the city of Berkeley, Calif. They don't stamp them anymore but did as late as the 1970s. Almost forgot: the many, many six-pointed stars used on many models of the Malvern Star frames from Australia...more than on the flag!
But this is the first time I have seen a BB shell (socket) with a six-pointed star piercing: the shell also has something on the main body which might indicate the brand but can't make it out not the right size for "CINELLI" is it?
Can @hazetguy give us an ID of that red shell?

Last edited by unworthy1; 12-17-22 at 01:34 PM.
Likes For unworthy1: