Old 01-13-23, 05:55 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3639 Post(s)
Liked 3,066 Times in 1,851 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanknight
The current trend in my band room, thanks to some YouTuber who calls himself "Sexy Sax Man", is for my sax players to learn the solo from Careless Whisper and gyrate while playing it over and over again until I start rehearsal. They even teach it to the younger students at lunch time so I can be sure the trend continue next year, and the next, and the next.

The best definition of "music" that I have found is: sound organized in time. That in no way implies that you have to like or even appreciate it. To branch out a little bit, an art professor once told a friend of mine that art is a conversation which you may or may not be a part of.

I could pontificate for hours on why they like listening to four letter word after four letter word with tons of shouting and very little (if any) melody, but that would just be my personal observations. It speaks to them, and they feel something when listening to it.

I once heard a 40 piece banjo band at a jazz festival. Hated it. It's still music, but I turned and walked away.
An excellent post that actually helps a bit. Thanks.
Likes For smd4: