View Single Post
Old 03-21-23, 03:26 PM
kevin norcal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Benotto 3000

I wanted to post pics of a Benotto frameset I have but apparently haven't posted on BF enough yet. So, I'll work on adding more posts and try to add pics here before long. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in seeing pics I have it listed on CL in SF, CA. 56c-t.

Based on all the great info in this thread (thanks T-Mar and others) I think this is the 3000 model. Please correct me if I'm wrong - I did read one post saying there might have been another model with some of these features but all other info I've seen points to the 3000.

Diamond shaped chainstays, Campy Portacatena rear drop-out and raised lettering on the seat stay caps. The bb shell stamps are: 1 2553 and 56-12-0. Made in 1980?

I bought this from original owner in East Bay/SF. It had first gen DuraAce on it, assuming it was a frameset built up by the shop. He had it powder-coated later on (the decals aren't real, printed on paper and att'd w/ racer's tape - they look good from 4' away but will come off easy and clean). I bought it thinking a friend would appreciate it but that didn't work out. It's not my size so if someone is interested let me know - would like to see if find it's way to the right home. Also just listed it on CL in SF.