I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,586 Times in 1,071 Posts
Originally Posted by jon c.
Do you actually believe people don't frequently text while driving? I see it pretty often at 55+ mph on the highway into town.
I question the validity of reports from posters actually frequently observing motorists speeding down the highway, ignoring the road in order to text on the phone in their lap.

An exception might be those motorists who believe the hype about the capability of driver assist features (Level 2 autonomy) in their high tech vehicle makes it a Full Self Driving car and they can safely not pay attention to where the car is going and let the car "drive itself" for awhile. These deluded and dangerous jokers just might use their time behind the wheel to text, engage in sexual activity, play video games, watch a movie, play paddy cake with passengers or some other activity that prevents them from monitoring at all times the operation of their vehicle and road/traffic conditions. That scenario is a problem of reckless and/or stupid drivers exceeding the limited self-driving capability of their allegedly high tech vehicles (which require 100% monitoring by the driver) in order to participate in non driving activities that are unsafe because these activities keep the driver's eyes off the road for excessive amount of time.

Whether bicyclists can observe texting activities while bicycling on or along a 55mph highway, or are threatened by such alleged activity is also questionable.