View Single Post
Old 11-04-23, 03:41 PM
Kontact

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4553 Post(s)
Liked 1,695 Times in 1,113 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Neese
That's key. If someone wants to build their own wheels entirely by feel or by plucking, go for it. But if it's someone else's wheels (and especially if you're charging for that service) and the tool to objectively measure the results is available, why wouldn't you? It's simply a matter of being as thorough as possible.

I can inflate my tires and come pretty close to what I want, just by squeezing the tire. In fact, I don't even carry a pressure gauge or have a frame pump with one built in. On the road, I go by feel. But of course when I get home I always get out the pressure gauge and actually measure.
You seem to be aware that a tensiometer is much less accurate than going by tone, yet you persist in claiming that double checking with a tensiometer produces some sort of superior result.

What is it that a tensiometer is going to tell you that F sharp is not, if you have already established the F sharp is in range and a much more accurate description of relative tension than slider arrow on the crude tensiometer?