martl
Strong Walker

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 483 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by DanBikeFan
Sadly, I've only ever had frustration with leboncoin.fr. As an American who is fluent in French, I thought I could convince at least one seller to ship to the United States. Apparently not--I've never succeeded in purchasing anything from that site, even a small bike light. Most messages are unanswered, and those that do respond are not willing to ship internationally or accept American credit cards. Folks on the retrobike.co.uk forum seem to have had similar experiences, so it's not just me. It is really a pity, since the prices are roughly 1/2 of what they are on US Ebay (e.g. Rene Herse 650B randonneur offered for 2800 euros). It's like the forbidden candy shop of French bike stuff!
Agree. I had very rarely success in even getting an answer from leboncoin sellers as a foreigner, and that is even with me being able to provide french communication and shipping address. It is what it is I suppose. I managed to get both super rare french items I was hunting eventually (Corima fourspoke in 650 and a manta handlebar) but it took time and many tries.