View Single Post
Old 12-02-23, 08:11 AM
Pompiere

Bikes: 1984 Miyata 310, 1986 Schwinn Sierra, 2011 Jamis Quest, 1980 Peugeot TH8 Tandem, 1992 Performance Parabola, 1987 Ross Mt. Hood, 1988 Schwinn LeTour, 1988 Trek 400T, 1981 Fuji S12-S LTD, 197? FW Evans

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked 1,072 Times in 548 Posts
Originally Posted by sd5782
I wish I could join this club. 2 years ago I thought I was in. An elderly acquaintance of my sister had a vintage Paramount to give away to someone who could use it. The bike formerly belonged to her brother who died years previously. I was so excited. Turns out the Paramount was too big for me by perhaps 2 sizes. I posted it here and sold that Paramount Elite to a proud member who has also posted it in this thread. Perhaps in the future a nice 23” touring will come my way and I too can be in the club.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I wanted to be in the club so bad that when a forum member near me listed a frame, I bought it, even though it was two sizes too big. I thought that with my long leg vs. torso ratio, I could make it work. I was also smitten by the beautiful red paint. I did ride it for a couple summers with the Frenchiest of fits, but eventually sold it to another member for whom it was much more suited. I saw the frame listed for sale here recently. Although my membership was rescinded, I'm glad I got to be in the club for a little while. I do have standing permission to buy another, should one come along in the appropriate size.

1984 Paramount touring
Likes For Pompiere: