Old 12-02-23, 05:08 PM
Matt93eg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thank you for the insight. Riding my older bikes I never had a dropper, never felt the need for one and didn't understand what they were for. My old bike had a 72 degree seat tube angle, my new one a 75 and it came with a 150mm dropper, I quickly found out what the dropper was for riding this bike because due to the steeper STA the seat is in my way and hits me on downhills if not dropped.

So I wanted some insight as to buying say a fixed post with a 30mm offset to see if I could get the seat back out of my way? Not a geometry wizard so not sure what other issues that could pose, I assume I would have to be more deliberate than I already have to be to weight the front tire when seated cornering(65 degree head tube angle).

I was reading some stuff earlier that basically said for every 5mm of seat post offset it would get you 0.5 degree slacker seat tube angle, thats where I am coming up with the 30mm of offset. I need to go from 75 to say 72 to have the effective seat tube angle my old bike had. Does this seem like a viable option. If i just slap on a fixed post at no offset the bike is essentially terrible to ride as the seat totally just kicks and hits and bumps me so its not an option.