Garthr

Bikes: Franklin Frames Custom, Rivendell Bombadil

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 214 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
If you say so.
Well, because you're being such a butt head ......... I'll hammer on your head for awhile longer.

Yeah I say so, and I say you're still wrong

Do you even have any experience with KS pads ?

If not, seeing it has no bearing on KS pad tips, why did you bring it up ?

I'm aware Mafac's were standard on the first Stumpy's, and so what ?

The tip is a KS thing, no other mfr does it. Nor do all canti mfrs use offset or elongated pads(Dia Comple 988, TRP/Tektro, SwissStop pads). So it's not a universally agreed upon principle. I get the sales pitch, as I said, I just don't buy it from my experience using them and chopping the ends off. Either I stop or I don't. Obviously I did stop as I'm still here to talk about it. Cross racers preferred smaller pads also.

Pads had been longer since the 50's ?
Longer than what ?
Show us proof, give us all mfr data, model names and dimensions of every brake and pad made for all time, and all performance data of braking in all conditions for all time of each and every rider. Show me, show us all the "Holy Grail" of brakes and pads and performance for all time, since you're so keen on giving everyone a history lesson. Be accurate and be honest now .....

My oh-pining is based on my actual experiences with KS pads. You have no experience with my experience, so your rebuttal to what you never experienced is a lie. Your statement about when the pads got longer and why is conjecture. Do you have direct experience/knowledge with said mfrs ?
Do you have it in writing, show us the documentation and performance data for every possible known and unknown rider, time and condition one has or may ever experience for all time, infinitum ?

I await such "proof" as I wait under the Christmas Tree for one glance of Santa