Thread: This hurts
View Single Post
Old 01-14-24, 07:30 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 1,447 Times in 824 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
As a father of twins I know there is a special bond there that cannot be explained. My daughter survived a very troublesome birth , her identical sister did not . She feels the presence of her sister even though they never played together. Hopefully , as time goes on , you will keep the presence of your sister with you. I am sorry for your loss.
I very much appreciate this comment, in particular. Kathy and I were 3rd and 4th born of 10 children, she took her time, showing up 75 minutes after me, and was predeceased by our oldest and youngest brothers. No matter how different my twin and I were, there was always a special connection between us, some of which I will carry as long as I live. Seeing her was one of the hardest, most necessary, moments of my life.

I have been home for a couple of days, done a couple of bike rides to the beach and back. Life goes on, I keep rolling.
Likes For delbiker1: