View Single Post
Old 01-15-24, 10:54 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4226 Post(s)
Liked 3,923 Times in 2,340 Posts
"The cable stop seems to be aiming slightly at the inside of the CS. So it's possible that I want to run a bit of outer inside the CS and then along the bottom of it. Then maybe I put a cable stop a few inches in on the bottom of the CS (just like the one that's on the other side for the rear derailleur), run bare cable under the BB shell if it will fit with the gear cables (or perhaps route it above if not) to another cable stop somewhere. I will experiment tomorrow also with the wheel in there to check how things fit." guy153

That's pretty much what I did but my use of a SS tube was for the BB "corner". Here's the link to that short thread
Grovel Bike Done - Bike Forums It has some photos showing my cable routing solutions. For this bike's replacement (which I'm close to completing the torch work) I will mimic the cable routing with tiny tweaks here and there. Andy