View Single Post
Old 01-18-24, 05:39 PM
chief9245

Bikes: 2017 Argon 18 Krypton Xroad, 2017 Bombtrack Arise 2, 2018 Bombtrack Hook EXT-C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
From the detailed list, I count just a hair short of 100 liters. Whether it be 90 or 100, that is a very compact looking kit you have. You did a good job of getting everything to work well for the trip.

I usually tour with about 105 total capacity, and mine looks much greater than yours does. Mine is Ortlieb Frontloaders (25 liter for pair), Ortlieb Backrollers (40 liters for the pair), Ortlieb Rackpack (31 liters), and handlebar bag (roughly 9 liters). Add 3 liters for water bottles.

I have not seen a bear spray can on a bike before, where did you get the idea for that?
In the Northwest; Montana and Washington, and parts of Oregon, bears are prevalent and it's pretty much standard issue to carry. Although having it close by when tenting, never felt really secure wild camping out in Montana, the tent was just the wrapper for the tasty treat inside. I kept it on after, it also works great on crazy people and big dogs.