View Single Post
Old 01-18-24, 06:06 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2760 Post(s)
Liked 990 Times in 811 Posts
Originally Posted by chief9245
I left Massachusetts in the beginning of May and I decided not to bring a warm jacket, I had it planned out where wherever I was it was not below 60ish. I had a Search and State jacket and an Assos vest. The coldest temps I hit were in Marfa, TX and believe it or not, Louisiana. With a shirt, a long sleeve merino wool shirt over that, my vest, and then the jacket, I did okay.
last spring I was out where in the morning it was maybe 5, 6, 7c, low 40s I guess, and it was nice having a warmer top.
I also am a big fan of neckups/buffs, that and a thin beanie make a real difference, and a pair of thin gloves--all stuff that is really compact and doesnt weigh much.
Funny about Louisiana, I've ridden in Mexico a few times and the second time, in january, a big cold front from the states came down even where we were in Oaxaca and at night it got down to 5c . I had to go buy a toque and gloves (toque is a winter hat, Canadian term eh) after a few days--pretty funny for a Canadian with loads of toques and gloves and all that jazz back home.