View Single Post
Old 02-02-24, 02:34 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7706 Post(s)
Liked 3,629 Times in 1,912 Posts
Originally Posted by smd4
Yep.

Then you went on for three paragraphs explaining why good gear doesn’t matter.
No .... he went on for three paragraphs explaining that good gear By itself cannot do the job.

As a failed former pro photographer, I understand completely. The camera is a tool, and the more the tool does for you, the less you have to know how to do, but to gain the differences between using a phone camera and a pro or pro-sumer camera body you have to know how to do all that stuff and you have to be able to do it well.

You have to know the idiosyncrasies of your gear, the strong and weak points .... I think @John_m_flores might be overstating .... I have gone to an event with a new lens and got some okay shots pretty quickly .... but to get the great shots (particularly at a sporting event where things happen fast) yes, one needs to know how to get the best out of the gear almost instinctively.

It really is simple and not worth fighting over ... except at BF where "fire is hot" is a provocative post .....
Edit: Sorry @hohn m flores already responded .... oh, well.

Last edited by Maelochs; 02-02-24 at 02:37 PM.
Likes For Maelochs: