Old 03-06-24, 01:32 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7143 Post(s)
Liked 11,334 Times in 4,841 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/zip...#disqus_thread

Zipp has released its own statement regarding the incident, mirroring the Vittoria statement that a rock was to blame.

Translation:

"Ok, so try not to hit anything while riding hookless. If the tire comes off, well of course, it's natural. Go to the eye doctor and get some glasses. Steer better next time.

​​​​​​Wasn't impact resistance one of the selling pitches of hookless in the first place? No, that was just a selling pitch. You actually believed it? Next time don't believe advertisements."
Originally Posted by Yan
Anyone who rides regularly and doesn't live in a flat area is doing hundreds if not thousands of descents a year. If a wheel has even a 0.1% greater chance of losing a tire after hitting a rock, I'm never going to touch it, even if it's half the cost.

What I learned from this thread is just how many people around here are tighter than a dolphin's ass, so cheap with money that they're willing to increase the risk to their own safety for the sake of saving a few bucks.

A few leftover driplet pennies trickled down after the manufacturers are done saving themselves money. In many high end wheels, zero savings at all compared to competitor wheels. In some cases, a few bucks. Even in the most generous cases, maybe a couple hundred bucks.

Like in a cartoon where a merchant throws some copper pieces on the ground and all the dirt peasants immediately diving into the ditch, some people here would race to drop their pants and take anything up the behind if only it saved them a dollar.

The rider union is pushing for this investigation. When a group of people are riding at motorcycle speeds on a daily basis, suddenly it's a different perspective from the cheap plebs. See how that works?
I know you weren't trying to be funny...But this post is hilarious.
Likes For Koyote: