Old 03-14-24, 07:55 AM
Mojo31
-------

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9678 Post(s)
Liked 6,394 Times in 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by zymphad
Doesn't matter to me what people use, I just think it's asinine that some wheel makers are adament everyone should be on tubeless hookless rims. The cycling industry seems really fixated on removing options and choices. I don't know why, I feel cycling is a hobby and hobbies are more fun with choices and variations. Mechanical vs Electric, Rim vs Disc, Tubeless/Tube/Tub, clincher/hookless, I don't see why industry can provide the choices and let the rider choose. I get if if someone is capable they are able to find what they want, but just browsing a local shop, all the road bikes are the same regardless of brand, they all look the same too.
I have yet to see anything that suggests that some wheel makers are adamant that everyone should be on tubeless hookless rims. Manufacturers make what they think will sell and sell at a good profit margin. They then advertise those products. Ultimately, it's up to the consumer to decide whether to buy or not buy. If they don't buy a product, it will not appear in the market for very long.

Your argument comes up time and time again in this forum, whether the discussion is about brakes, shifting, wheels, tires, or other things. And, it's always from the people who seemingly want to continue to live in the past. Bike and parts manufacturers are not in business to satisfy our every whim, they are in business to make money. They will make and sell what the consumer demands, and will not make or sell what is not profitable in the market place. It's that simple. Of course, we are all free to buy what we want and free to not buy what we don't want.

By the same token, if you want to put your capital at risk, you are free to make and sell all those little things for which there is no broad market so that you can continue to have the "variety" you want in your hobby.
Likes For Mojo31: