Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
Cable/housing length.

John
Originally Posted by andrewclaus
A previous owner may have put longer bars on and didn't replace the shifter cables. Solutions are to replace the cables or shorten the bars.
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets
I can't imagine going any faster than 2 mph with the bars at that angle, so unlikely to affect normal riding requirements.

My main concern would be the limiter on left hand turns appears to be the controller cable, the failure of which could get a little expensive I think. You could get a little more slack in the controller cable by pulling the left grip off and the left brake lever, then loosening the controller clamp screw and rotating the controller forward one complete turn.

You could also see if there's any slack in it by gently pulling it out of the frame some. Same for the rear shifter cable and rear brake hose, those might be easier to try getting slack out of the frame run by removing that cable management coil first.
Originally Posted by Iride01
If the manufacturer told you that it's that way by their design why won't you believe them? I don't ride anything but road bikes. But I have trouble imagining how slow you'd have to be going to be able to turn the bars as far as you show in the picture without being a wreck already in progress. Certainly that must be less than 2 mph. But as I said, I don't do off road so I admit I might be wrong.

"Secondly, I've observed that the wheel doesn't turn the same degree in both directions - it can turn more to the left than to the right. This inconsistency makes me wonder if something might be off with the bike."