LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13039 Post(s)
Liked 7,967 Times in 4,238 Posts
Originally Posted by ta111
Thank you, guys, for your comments! Unfortunately, it's not a cable issue. I bought the bike brand new, not used, and according to the manufacturer's information, the limited steering is intentional to protect the frame in case of accidents.

I'd like to ask if any of you have experienced a similar problem with any type of bike before. Is it possible that it's supposed to be this way? And if I'm not satisfied with it, how can I unlock this wheel lock function?

Your insights would be greatly appreciated!
Whew, thats a good thing. Turning the wheel that sharply is really only done in VERY low speed unnatural turns anyways. You definitely don't want to do anything to remove the stops. You fork crown striking the frame or cables and hoses getting yanked are all bad things to be avoided.

In third pic it looks like the fork can't hit the frame so the steering limiter is just there to keep the hoses and cables from getting pulled out.

I've had a couple of customers come in with their bars turned 360 degrees.

One saying they got to their cabin, pulled the bike out of the pickup bed and the brakes were locked up so they couldn't ride. They had cable brakes so relatively easy fix. If it was hydraulic brakes the bill would've been a little higher.

Last edited by LesterOfPuppets; 05-03-24 at 12:23 PM.